Search Indian Maps, Pincodes, Local Info and more...
Islands of India
For most of you islands relate to meeting new people, beach parties and water sports. While for some islands are considered destinations to become lazy, rejuvenate, breathe in fresh air and mesmerize close with nature. On other hand for a group of folks, this destination can be experiencing enchanting sunrises, beautiful sunsets and strolling on the sand. No matter what idea you have of islands, the most common thing about these islands is that they bring in peace of mind and times are big turn on for an exciting day ahead.
One thing which well speaks of islands is that they lead you towards refreshing and relaxing vacations. Let us know list of islands of India which take you far away from the crowd:
- Majuli Island: Well known for its fair taste of perfect Assamese culture and breathtaking sunrise and sunset view. Best time to visit is from October to December. Places you must see here are mishing village and 21 satras.
- Diu Island: Has traces of Portuguese culture. The serenity and architectural beauty of this island is worth being described as stunning. There is tropical sea food and exquisite beaches at this island. Best time to visit here is from October to January.
- Divar Island: This is one of the most unsoiled islands in India, based near Goa. The best feature of this island is that it has retained the countryside feel of the city and its lively culture. Best time to visit this island is from mid November to mid February.
- St. Mary’s Island – Called one of the smallest island of India, this place has basaltic rock formations which are cut in different hexagonal shapes. The island has clear blue water and rocky beach which are must watch. Best time to visit this island is from December to January.
- Little Andaman Island: This Island is an offbeat destination which is not heavily crowded. It has alluring beaches which have mesmerizing beauty. For a person with limited budget, this is the best destination for honeymoon. Ideal time to visit this island is from December to February.
- Lakshadweep island: This beautiful islands is loaded with corals. It has incredible beauty which is fairly touched by the natural environment. Best time to plan your visit here is from October to May.
With so many islands around the country, India certainly has best in its embrace for the tourists. Plan your trip to these beautiful islands and have a great holiday.