Search Indian Maps, Pincodes, Local Info and more...
Tamil Nadu Board Of Secondary Education
Department of Education that is part of Tamil Nadu Government in India formed in 1910 the Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education. The educational streams offered up to Secondary level of education are Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC), Oriental School Leaving Certificate (OSLC), Anglo-India stream and the Matriculation stream. Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) is the only stream available for the Higher Secondary. The students are accessed by organizing the board exams first exam is conducted for class 10th and the second one for class 12th students. The totals of class 12th exam are used as a base for the university admissions. Each university declares its score requirement for a particular program.
The schools of Tamil Nadu are part of this board and have to abide by all the rules declared by the board. The other boards that are part of Indian education are CBSE, ICSE that are eligible to take both the secondary and higher secondary exams and each of the student who takes this exam is given a certificate for his or her success. The students are free to make a choice through which board they want to be associated.
The Architect for the Education of Higher Secondary in Tamil Nadu is H.S.S. Lawrence. In the year 1978 Dr. Lawrence introduced the examination as 10+2+3 design. He was the Director of School Education in Tamil Nadu.
- Gathering all the information of the students of various schools who have applied to take the board exams.
- This board is also responsible to approve the schools and centers that would be eligible to take board examination.
- The questions papers are distributed to all the approved centers just few hours before the examination is to be conducted.
- The board has the responsibility to supply any of the stationaries to the approved centers that are required for the examination
- After the examination the answer sheets of the students are verified and the students are given the marks and then the results are declared and then the certificates are issued to the students who have been successful in the examination.
- The students who due to any reason had to drop the school or for any of the reasons could not continue with their regular studies, the board gives them the chance to give an examination and the same is done for the 8th class and the examination is conducted by applying through public examination system and the students who opt for these kind of exam are considered as the private candidates. The students who successfully complete this exam get eligible to give the Secondary and Higher Secondary examination.
- The board is responsible to send the roll numbers, examination hall tickets to all the students who have been registered for these public exams
- The special officials are appointed for conducting the exams at the approved centers. These officials are appointed after they send their will for conducting the exams.
Almost each and every school in Tamil Nadu is covered under the Tamil Nadu of Secondary Education. It is must for the schools in Tamil Nadu to have listed themselves under Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education. A new board was formed by the Tamil Nadu Government to have the smooth functioning of conducting the board examinations. The body that was termed as Tamil Board of Secondary Education.
The assessment of a student performance taken care by Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary education. This assessment is done in the exams of class 10th and then again in class 12th. The results of Class 12th board helps the students and Universities to let them take the higher education based on these results.
Department of Government Examinations
DPI Complex, College Road, Chennai-600 006