Search Indian Maps, Pincodes, Local Info and more...
Rajasthan Board Of Secondary Education
|Formation||December 4, 1957(55 years ago)|
|Type||Governmental Board of School Education|
|Headquarters||Ajmer, Rajasthan, India|
|Official languages||Hindi & English|
The body that conducts the board examination in Rajasthan is named as The Board of Secondary Education or BSER.
This body is formed by the Government of Rajasthan . The activities of the board include promoting education and developing the standards of education in Rajasthan. The Board of Rajasthan was established in the year 1957. The major office of the Board of Rajasthan is in Ajmer, a city in Rajasthan. The Board of Rajasthan got its recognition under the Rajasthan Secondary Education Act 1957.
The history of board speaks about their work about the development of the education on state of Rajasthan. The number of the schools under Rajasthan board has increased over the years to 6000 that are in the 32 districts of Rajasthan . The date of 4th Dec, 1957 was the formation date for Rajasthan Board.
Organisation Set Up
The structure of the Board of Rajasthan is as follows: -
|Ex-Officio Members, Including Vice Chairman||7|
|Nominated members by the state government||17|
|Nominated members by the speaker legislative assembly||2|
First is the Chairman that is nominated by State Government and then is the Director, Vice-Chairman and Ex-officio for the Board. All these officials have tenure of Three years. The other person in the board is the Secretary that is also nominated by State Government.
The decision of designing the syllabus, steering the examination, setting up the structure of fee etc. lies with board. The different subjects that students can opt for their education are as follows:-
- Rajasthan Adhyyan: - A subject that is must for each student who is associated with Board of Rajasthan. This subject is taught from primary level and goes up to Senior Secondary level. This subject makes the student aware about the condition of Rajasthan, the state to which they belong.
- Hindi: - Hindi being one of the major language used in India, students are made aware of it by making them write essays, letters etc. This also lets them to share what they think about a particular topic in an effective manner.
- Sanskrit: - This is an optional subject for the students. The language is taught to the students who opt for it and thus instill in then the moral values.
- English: - The Language is taught so that the students are capable of standing is all spheres of the world. English is taught as a literature and grammar so that the students are able to make correct use of the language.
- Mathematics: - This subject is considered as an integral part of education as this subject is used at all moments of life. The study of mathematics includes the study about circles, lines, addition, subtraction etc.
- Science: - The various topics that are covered under the study of science are the study of process of Human life, animals, about metals and non-metals. The students get aware about the nature, the Human Body, about different animals and their behavior.
- Social Science: - The Social science teaches the students about the social spheres of life. The study about transportation, modes of communication and trade, study of the various resources like the mineral resources, water etc.
- Physical and Health Education: - This subject focuses on the physical growth of students by taking part in various sports and athletics like dance, gymnastics, Yoga etc.
- S.U.P.W. &CS: -This teaches the student about their moral values towards the society by learning the ways to keep the society clean and neat.
- Art Education: - This provides the students the capability to increase the sense of increasing the creativity of their minds. The various methods are like sketching using crayons, water colors etc.
- History: - The History subject makes the student aware about the details of the history of India and other parts of the world. The topics that are covered to be taught under the history are Harrapan Archeology, Mahabharata, Mughal era, Buddhism.
- Political Science: - This subject teaches the student about the politics of India, about the face of Independence of India, the various levels of difficulties faced for seeing an independent India.
- Economics: - The economics subject teaches about the financial topics that are essential for every sphere of life. The topics that are covered under economics are about the study of the consumer, study of income tax of India and this teaches the student about the economics of India.
- Sociology: - The sociology teaches the students about the Indian society structure, about the social institutions of Indian society, making the students aware about the evil practices that are practiced in the Indian society like child marriage, untouchability etc. so that they never support such practices.
- Home Science: - The subject teaches the students about the few activities that are also essential in their day-to-day life like cooking, knitting and stitching, Human Development etc.
- Philosophy: - The subject teaches about the principles of life, the idealism one should follow etc.
- Public Administration: - This subject teaches about the administrative study about Constitution of India, the Personnel Administration, about the administration of State etc. so that the students get the knowledge about the various activities of different offices on India.
- Computer Science\ Multimedia & Web Technology\ Information Practice:- Thetoday’s age is of working on the computers. Computers are must for every sphere of life so that the work is done in and efficient and effective manner.
- Accountancy: - Study of accounts is must for the students who have interest towards the commercial sphere. Accounts is must for the all the government or big private companies. This subject is taught to the students at the Senior Secondary level by selecting the Commerce stream.
- Business Studies: - This subject incorporates the management skills among the students by letting them know about the Principle of Management, its importance and the significance, about the protection of consumer and financial markets.
- Typing and Short Hand Typing: - The use of type-writer is told to the students. They are made to learn the methods of fast typing in English and Hindi language.
- Physics\Chemistry\Biology\Geology: - The students who opt for the Science stream for their Senior Secondary level have to study these subjects as per their selection.
- Agriculture: - The contents of the subject are revised on very regular basis depending on the new technologies that come up for the improvement of the farming technology.
It is very economical to get education in Rajasthan as the fee decided by the board is quite low. The primary education in the schools of Rajasthan is free. Along with this the mid-day meal is also provided. The students also get the free uniform. The scheme declared by the central government of giving all this facility is named as Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan.
To college from School
The level of education that is provided to the students who have enrolled themselves under the Rajasthan board makes them capable of seeking admissions in the universities for higher education. The education of Rajasthan board is such that the students get competent to take any examination not only on state level but the entrance exams takes on National level whether it is a technical branch or a non-technical branch.
Comparison with other boards of International Standards
The course structure of the Board of Rajasthan has been set up after referring the proficient of the education field. The standard of the course is as per the international standards that are also practiced by other boards. Such a decision of having an international level of education thus improves the education level of schools of Rajasthan.
Board of Secondary Education Rajasthan , Ajmer, Rajasthan