Search Indian Maps, Pincodes, Local Info and more...
Punjab School Education Board
Punjab School Education Board is also commonly abbreviated as P.S.E.B. in the city of Chandigarh. It was inaugurated in year 1969; and according to the Punjab Government Act of legislative, all the curriculum of education, examination, training of teachers, publishing of books, and scholarships etc were standardized by the state of Punjab. Just near about Chandigarh in Mohali, the main headquarter of this Punjab board is present in SAS Nagar.
A Chairman handled the Education Board of the Punjab School for the past three years and his main duty is to submit all reports to the School Education Secretary in the Punjab Government.
PSEB that is also called as the School Education Board of the Punjab that delivers education to every student up to the age of 18. To develop in the education field is the main motto of this board so that all students get success in the life. In the year 1949, this Punjab School of Education Board established by the Legislative Act of Government to provide education to the students.
The basic motive of this board is to carry out the examination for public at variety of levels. With the purpose to enhance and maintained the education quality, the syllabus and books were framed in a manner to get the high rate of literacy.
There are about 25 members including Chairman, Vice Chairman, academicians, and educationist in the Education Board of Punjab School. The main target of this board is to provide the education in the Punjab state and there were some of the politicians also included in the board members. So the basic function by this board is affectively performed to provide all their services to the people.
The frame of the syllabus is set by the board government. This board set the course of the various classes according to the age group. Following subjects were included into the course frame and these are:
- English :- To enhance the communication and writing skills in the English, this language is taught to the students.
- Mathematics :- All types of relations and functions of trigonometry were taught to every student to enhance their calculation tendency.
- Social Study :- This includes all the Indian system administration, political science, geography, and history that are taught to every student to provide the knowledge of the Indian system.
- Science :- This subject includes plants, animals, and human body with procedures.
- Punjabi :- In the state of Punjab to provide awareness for their own Punjabi language and its culture, this language is very compulsory in the schools to taught the script of Gurmukhi.
- Hindi\Urdu :- For the lower and secondary level of students, Hindi and Urdu languages are optional.
- Health and Physical Education :- In this field, yoga and scouting were taught to the students.
- Computer Science :- This includes information about the computer languages that were provided to the students.
- Home Science :- This subject includes all the management process, clothing, textiles, and management of home that is taught to the students of higher secondary class.
- Environment Education :- Here in this subject, students were taught about population, human activities and about environment.
- Humanities :- To develop the environment safety awareness, this subject is taught to the students that includes business organization and public administration.
- Political Science :- Students were provided with the knowledge of Indian constitution, rights and duties, and political science.
- Sociology :- In this subject, students gets the knowledge of animal and human society characters to make students know about the environment.
- Music :- To provide the knowledge about the Indian music tradition and to make them learn about the instruments like tabla, Gurbani, and various music styles.
- Dance :- To develop the talents of the students, they are taught different taals and dance steps with theoretical and practical exams.
- Philosophy :- For the development of cognition, various denotation, connotation, and thoughts based on fundamentals were taught.
- Geography :- In this subject, all about the system of Earth, scale of map, solar system, maps, and rocks were taught to the students.
- Defense Studies :- To summarize the powers of defense, various psychological war aspects, cultural and physical aspects were taught under this subject.
- Psychology :- This subject provides knowledge of psychological behavior, sensory behavior and psychological methods etc to the students.
- Rural development and environment :- All types of rural and community development process were taught under this subject to make the students aware about their state.
- Media studies :- Under this subject, students acquire the journalism profession through the knowledge of mass media and communication.
- Physics :- This subject includes knowledge about the process of gravitation, principles of machines, waves and oscillation, and thermodynamics etc.
- Chemistry :- In this curriculum, all the chemical process like redox reactions, environmental chemistry, and hydrocarbon classification were taught.
- Biology :- Under this subject, process of plant respiration, growth and development of plants, digestion and respiration of the human were taught to the students.
- Geology :- This subject links to the land and it provides knowledge about the ground water, force of wind, and geological force that are necessary for living.
- Biotechnology :- To get all the advanced information about Biomolecules, genetics, cellular development, and molecular biology, this subject is taught to the students.
- Elements of Electronic Engineering :- Knowledge about the electronic items like diodes, oils, capacitors, transistors, and resistors were given under this subject.
- Foundation of Business :- This includes business sector, service sector, and characteristics of the business.
- Corporate Organization, Finance and Trade :- To develop the skills of business, various articles like sectoral organization, external trade, and finance business were taught under this subject.
- Accountancy :- Exchange of bills, accounts in computer, database system etc are came under this subject.
- Business Economics and Quantitative methods :- For the business skill development, this subject is taught including business statistics, price and marketing management, and supply and behavior of producer etc.
- Modern office Practice :- Under this subject, students were taught about office management record, communication in the office, and office introduction.
- Agriculture :- This subject is taught to enhance the significant knowledge about farming process that includes farm crop, knowledge of soils and rocks, management of soil including botany subject.
There are other languages also that can be taught to the students and these are given below:
Persian, French, German, Russian, Sanskrit, Arabic
The fee structure includes very affordable price by this board so that parents can able to admit their children for good education. Also under the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, free education also provided by this board.
Affiliated Public Schools
- Pheel Khana School
- Senior Model School, Civil Lines
- Rashtriya Sanskrit Model Senior Secondary School, Shastri Nagar, Ludhiana
- Govt high school kala bakra, Jalandhar
- Tara Singh Memorial Khalsa Public School, Dhaliwal Bet
Comparison with boards of International Standards
The students provided the curriculum also involves the languages just like German and French and others that make the students to develop their confidence to study abroad at the international level.
Punjab School Education Board,S.A.S.Nagar Mohali, Phase-VIIIPunjab 160062
Phone No. 0172-3047444, 445