Search Indian Maps, Pincodes, Local Info and more...
Orissa Board Of Secondary Education
Under the Government of Orissa, education for private and public schools were provided by the Board of Secondary Education . This is also commonly called as Board of Secondary Education Odisha that was developed in year 1953 under the education act and later in year 1955, this board of education starts working . The main headquarter is at Cuttack . In the Odisha state, all the secondary education were controlled and regulated by this board . They also provided different courses to the students so that in future they acquired different occupation . This university also control all the cultural programs, courses of studies, certification for successful students and so on.
Under the Orissa State government, this board of secondary education was amended. In year 1953, this education board was established under Education Act. All types of secondary education were maintained by this board under the Orissa Government state. Students can acquire variety of occupation by gaining education through this board.
This board has various function and that are:
- To carry out courses examination and certificate examination for High School as referred by the board.
- To make teaching material, text books, and study course etc.
- To deal out and publish the related material, text books, syllabus, work books, and lesson notes.
- To concern about the examination certificate issuance by the board and also State Board examination certificate.
- To be aware of recognition for the secondary education by this board.
- To regulate the various functions of this board.
- To maintained the education for secondary schools through refresher courses, academic programmes,m and orientation programmes.
Under the Act of Odisha eduation, 1953, there were following members involved under this board.
|Ex-officio members||38 (Including President and Vice- President of the Board)|
|Nominated members||35 (Nominated by the State Govt.)|
|Elected Members||03 (From the Odisha Legislative Assembly)|
|Elected Members||08 (Representing the Universities)|
|Co-opted Members||05 (Co-opted and appointed by the Board Annually)|
The Board has the Following Statutory Committees
- Executive Committee
- Education Committee
- Examination Committee
- Recognition and Grants Committee
- Finance Committee
- Syllabus Committees
- Other Committees:
- Selection Committee for appointment of officers of the Board
- Selection Committee for appointment of Academic Officers and staff of the Board
- Regulation Committee
- Correspondence Course Committee
- Academic Programme Advisory Committee
This board of secondary education provides affiliation to the collages, schools at private and public level in the Orissa state. The Cuttack’s higher education school was managed by this Board of Secondary Education as because modern high school came under it. The campus of this school is same as in the head office of BSE in the state of Cuttack.
The curriculum prepared by the Syllabus Committee of this board is given to all schools that are affiliated by this board. This syllabus includes various subjects that are:
- English :- This subject includes poetry, prose, grammar, and language provided to the students to develop the spirit and confidence level in the students.
- Mathematics :-To develop the logic and cognition ability of the students, this subject includes solving problem, arithmetic, dealing with triangles, and circles etc.
- Science :- For the awareness about surrounding area, this subject taught students about electric current, solutions, environmental problems, and various different rules.
- Social Science :- For the purpose of higher studies, students were taught about history, terminologies, civics, Economics, and geography.
- Work Experience :- To develop the capabilities of the student, they were taught about the various machines, their principle, and function.
- Art Education :- Under this subject, use of various colors, drawing, and painting were taught to the students.
- Physical and Health Education :- To develop the body and mind balance, students were taught swimming, yoga and its importance, and sports etc under this subject.
- Physics :- Under this subject, physics rules were taught to the student.
- Chemistry :- Students were taught about compositions of compounds, coordination, solutions, and electrochemistry.
- Biology :- To give the all knowledge about the principles of the biology, this subject is taught to the students and this includes human welfare, evolution and genetics, and sexual reproduction.
- Economics :- To know more about the national economic aspect, this subject is taught to the students that include balance of payments, GDP, money, banking, and national income.
- Business Studies :-Students were taught about the coordination and functioning of business, nature of management, and its effective function to know more about the practice and theory of the business.
- Accountancy :- Under this subject, students were taught about the receipt and payment, methods, accounting, and financial statements.
- Sociology :- Students were taught about the caste system in all over India under this subject.
- Psychology :- The psychology of the people about social life were taught to the students.
- Philosophy :- To give knowledge about the cultural moral, the students were taught about the Vedas and different shastras under this subject at the Philosophy school.
- Political Science :- Under this subject, students were taught about the function of Indian parliament, party dominance, and constitutional disorders.
- History :- The difference between the time periods were analyze by the students through the study of world history, municipal sports, modern history, town plans, and ancient history under this subject.
- Zoology :- To learn about the life principles, students were taught about comparison of mankind, process of animal and human life and their evolution etc.
- Botany :- To know about the earth’s nature, students were taught about the plants respiration, photosynthesis, nature of plants under this subject.
- Electronics :- Students demands in their long life about the electronic gadgets, their functions, and instruments, and also electric gadgets.
- Commuter Science :- For students of secondary level, different languages of computer, just like C++ were taught to the students.
- Bio Technology :- To give more knowledge about the science, students were taught about agriculture industries, application of health, about plants that were modified genetically, and recombinant technology of DNA etc.
- Home Science :- In the future, students needs variety of things of utility, so they were taught about all these things under this subject.
Other languages just like, first language, then second language, and then third language were also taught by the students besides these subjects that are compulsory. The board provides these types of languages and these are given below:
- First Language :- This includes alternative English, Telugu, Oriya, Urdu, Bengali, and Hindi.
- Second Language :- If students did not select the above language, then they are opted to select Hindi or English as first language.
- Third Language :- If first language is Oriya, then option for Hindi or Sanskrit, if first language is Telugu then option for Hindi, Sanskrit, or Bengali etc.
Various types of examination were held by this board just like examination for class 12, higher secondary examination, and high school examination certification.
About total of 11075 titles were filled in this library of this Board. All the experts, teachers, students, academicians, and researchers were get their service reference. To improve the secondary level education, this board also organizes the training programs and book exhibitions. To improve the quality and standard of the libraries in the school, the central library for various schools were established in 1974 to enhance the habit of reading among the various children.
To provide their service at the door step of various high schools and also to decentralize the work, there were variety of zonal offices established by this board in the state.
|ZONE OFFICE||HEADQUARTERS||REVENUE DISTRICTS UNDER ITS JURISDICTION|
|Central Zone||Cuttack||Jajpur, Jagatsinghpur, Kendrapara, Cuttack Dhenkanal and Angul|
|Bhubaneswar Zone||Bhubaneswar||Puri, Khurda and Nayagarh|
|Balasore Zone||Balasore||Balasore and Bhadrak|
|Baripada Zone||Functioning at Balasore Zone||Mayurbhanj and Keonjhar|
|Berhampur Zone||Berhampur||Ganjam, Kandhamal Gajapati, Boudh, Koraput , Nowrangpur, Malkanagir and Rayagada|
|Sambalpur Zone||Sambalpur||Sundargarh, Sambalpur, Jharsuguda, Deogarh, Baragarh, Bolangir, Sonepur, Kalahandi and Nuapada|
Financial committee of the board of education decided the fee structure for variety of schools that is made by the board’s financial committee. This board also considered all types of students including poor and middle class for fee structure so that every parent can afford the studies for their children.
Pros and Cons of the System
The main big disadvantage of this educational board is the options of languages that are limited. This board also provides various facilities for the special students, handicapped to give importance to the condition based on mental and physical fitness of the students.
Orissa Board of Secondary Education
Bajrakabati Road, Cuttack -753 001
Tel. PBX: 91-671 615484, 615460