Search Indian Maps, Pincodes, Local Info and more...
Nagaland Board Of School Education
NBSE is an abbreviation for Nagaland Board of Secondary Education and is considered as the main Education State Boards in the country. The aim and objective of this board is to focus on education on all parts of the entire state. In the year 1973 this board was established by the Nagaland State Legislative Assembly. However, this board started its work in the year 1974 in the month of October. Starting of this board was begun with conferences, workshops and seminars to spread information in the entire state about this board. Semester system was also introduced at 9th standard as well as at 12th standard with the motive to help the students in their studies as well as to achieve the goal of proper learning for students.
The main objectives of this board are as follows-
- To provide instructions for courses and for examinations
- Prescribing examinations conditions, conduct examinations as well as board is also responsible to manage essential things for these examinations.
- Declaration of results and Publishing of marks for external examinations
- Board is also responsible to prepare textbooks, syllabi and curricula
The functions which are carried out by Board are as follows-
- To provide consultant on school education to State Government
- Adoption of reforms both in evaluation practices and examinations
- Inspection of schools in order to check them whether they are following standards of board or not.
- Organizing and Managing workshops, seminars for teachers as well as for institutional head
This board belongs to Government of Nagaland and therefore all members are appointed and nominated by Government only. This board consist numerous numbers of ex-officio members, co-opted members and members which are nominated by Nagaland Government. Member Chief Executive is full time employee having the designation of Chairman who co-ordinates and supervises functions of various department of school.
Categorization of the board is being made which are bifurcated into various categories such as 1st language, 2nd language and compulsory subjects such as Science, Commerce and Arts Streams. Subject wise syllabus at various levels is described below
- English :- It is the 1st & compulsory language which contains essay writing, letter, principles of grammar, drama, poems, stories and fiction etc which are deployed in the syllabi in order to train the students for independent writing and speaking skills.
- Mathematics :- Menstruation, statistics, co-ordinate geometry, algebra and number system etc are being taught to students so that they can develop their skills for solving big sums in short time.
- Social Sciences :- Different revolutions, relative development of World and India and India Topography etc is being taught in this subject so that students can develop their richness as well as appreciation of the country.
- Agriculture :- Tillage, Fertilizers, Manures, Fertility, soil and factors which effect growth of crop are being taught so that both practical as well as theoretical knowledge of agriculture can be developed.
- Book Keeping & Accountancy :- Ledger Accounts, Trial Balance, Accounting Equations and Source Documents are being taught in this subject so that students can develop few accounting techniques.
- Environmental Education :- Ethics of environment, recourses depletion, eco system and environmental values are being taught so that students can gain knowledge of environment and can understand the importance of environment.
- Home Science :- This subject covers fabrics, health, food and family etc so that students can learn co-operative understanding of living both in community and family.
- Introductory Information Technology :- In this subject basic applications and tools are taught so that students can gain knowledge of basic platform.
- Music :- In this subject both western and ethnic music is being taught which is bifurcated into practical and theoretical examinations.
- Education and Work Art :- In this subject vocal, drama, dance, community services and gardening are being taught and students are assessed with internal examination.
- Physical & Health Education :- Education of various sports such as Scouting, NCC, First Aid and adolescent education is given so that personal awareness can be raised.
- History :- Contemporary World and India is covered with different heads such as Colonial power, freedom struggle, World Wars etc so that students can realize the true aspects of life.
- Economics :- Both Micro and Macro Economics are covered so that students can gain basic knowledge of these economies.
- Psychology :- In this subject people attitude and response in terms to different situations are covered for students so that they can gain knowledge about human behavior.
- Philosophy :- Life reality, Truth and Knowledge and Advaita Vedanta are taught so that they can develop their understanding level and cognition.
- Geography :- Development of resource, Human settlement and Earth Crust of various types are covered so that students can gain knowledge on various aspects of this subject.
- Computer Science :- This subject covers numerous numbers of computer languages so that students can get proper knowledge of computers in this modern world.
- Business Mathematics Fundamentals :- In this subject principles of mathematics and business are covered so that students can understand the basic principles both of business and mathematics.
- Entrepreneurship :-Human Resource, Staffing and Management Skills and the use of it etc are covered so that student’s chances of getting success in future can be increased.
- Biology :- Genetics, Human Development and Evolution and Genetics etc are covered so that students must be aware about real things.
- Biotechnology :- Various types of technologies such as DNA etc are covered so that students can be technologically advanced
Fee Structure of this board in schools is being kept very low so that every parent can afford to send their kids to school. However, free nature of elementary education is also provided by the schools till fourteen years of child age.
Comparison with other Boards of international Standard
In order to maintain the Standard of Board equal in all aspects of International Boards mathematics is kept as an important subject. However, on other side English is also being kept as 1st & compulsory language in order to train the students on a platform by which they can easily compete with any other board students.
To College from School
Syllabus of this board is unique as it is developed keeping in mind that students will go for higher learning and studies. Numerous modern subjects such as computer science and Biotechnology are covered so that students can get admission in any reputed university or college.
Nagaland Board of School Education
Post Box No. 613,NBSE, Bayavü Hill , Kohima, Nagaland - 797001