Search Indian Maps, Pincodes, Local Info and more...
Manipur Board Of Secondary Education
Manipur is a northern state of India with comparatively lesser population than other similar states in the country. The BSEM is the only autonomous body responsible for managing and conducting Senior Secondary and Higher Secondary level exams in the state. The BSEM board came in existence in the year 1972. At the time of establishment, the BSEM board was only responsible for conducting the SSC and HSC level examinations but after its amendment in the year 2004, the board becomes responsible for various administrative works as well. The BSEM boardis known for its better course material and implementation.
The Manipur Board of Secondary Education board, abbreviated as BSEM board is responsible for conducting the Senior Secondary and Higher Secondary examinations in the state. The BSEM board’s main objective is to provide quality education to children of seventeen years. The BSEM board was established in the year 1972 under an act of the Manipur Legislation. At the time of its establishment, the BSEM board’s KRA was limited to management and conduction of SSC and HSC examinations. Under an amendment in the year 2004, the BSEM board’s KRA has been increased. Now the board is responsible for various administrative activities, affiliation of schools & colleges and design of study material etc.
For the good implementation and proper communication, the BSEM board follows a standard structure of governing body. The governing body consists of a Chairperson who is assisted by Controller and Secretaries. The governing body also includes some middle level executives that implement respective works in the state. The continuous improvement of BSEM board is the result of combined working of all its members.
The BSEM board designs its course structure in different ways so that each child with a specific age group can get benefit from it. This board focuses on providing quality education than quantity education. This concept of providing education reduces the course material and thus the weight of student’s bag. Some of the main subjects that are included in BSEM board are as follows
- Business Studies This subject helps students in understanding the basics of a business. After studying this subject, students can find employment in management field.
- Accountancy The accountancy provides information about the cash related transactions. With the knowledge of accountancy, students can make their carrier in the field of finance.
- Insurance This subject aware a student about various risk in the field of business and other fields so that they can maximize their profit and can reduce their investment.
- Computer Science This subject provides information related to software and hardware of computer. As an important part of every organization, this is among the best subjects in the board.
- Biology This subject is related to the structure and working of a living organism. Biology is the initial phase for making your carrier in medical field. Here, students see that how a small creature can turn into a well cultured person.
- Home Science This subject is mainly designed for girls so that they learn sewing, stitching and cooking as a course material.
- Statistics This subject is used for making various assumptions and hypothesis so that managers can expect more accurately.
- Mathematics It helps students to make quick and accurate calculations so that they can handle day to day activities.
- History Being human, we do many mistakes in our life. Thus, this subject keep record of all activities in past so that we can do not make the same mistake again and again.
- Geography This subject gives a brief study of earth and its core material so that we can understand its structure.
- Political Science This subject gives the complete knowledge about Indian constitution and its challenges for the country.
- Economics This subject aware about the various facts and figures so that one can predict about future needs of commodity.
- Music If a student have its interest in playing instruments and singing, then music is for them. The selection of music will be best for them. Many students study music as a tool for the relaxation of body and mind.
- Psychology This subject helps students in understanding the human mind. With the study of it, people become aware about the working and thinking of cognition, attitude etc.
- Arts Arts Education’s main objective is enhancing the creative thinking in students mind. The teachers can do it with the help of various live activities.
- Science This is one of the most interesting subjects as student try to understand the reason behind the daily activities. The study of science includes practical in which theory is supported by the practical.
- English By opting English as one of the subject, students can understand knowledge of grammar, vocabulary and proper way of communication so that one can express their thoughts easily.
- Health and Physical Education This is one of the important subjects as it teaches the way of keeping yourself active and happy. Because of it’s this feature, the BSEM board has included in their subjects.
- Philosophy This subject helps student in understanding different aspects of a statement and argument. With the knowledge of philosophy, one can easily understand the di-lemma in someone’s mind.
The main objective behind the establishment of BSEM board is to provide quality education to residents of Manipur so that can know their rights and can survive with pride and honor in the country. In order to accomplish this goal the BSEM board has set an affordable price so every person can bear it. The BSEM board also organizes various competitions by which they can offer scholarship to talented minds in the state. Apart from this, the BSEM board has launched various schemes for poor children so that they can also become part of developing India.
The BSEM board has designed its syllabus so that every student can choose subjects with their own interest. The huge list of subjects’ starts from mathematics to history provides detailed knowledge in respective field. On time to time the BSEM board keeps including new subjects for students need. This syllabus of BSEM board is well known for its study material in the country itself.
Students of BSEM Board
The BSEM board’s students have won several awards and prizes in different states competitions and country competitions. Many of the students of BSEM board are currently working in different parts of the world. From science to geography, these students have established their presence in almost every field of study.