Search Indian Maps, Pincodes, Local Info and more...
Kerala Board Of Public Examination
Kerala Board of Public Examinations plays a vital role in “Department of General Education” under Kerala Government and is having authority to organize two examinations of secondary schools which are named as HCLC and SSLC. URL of Official website is as follows: http://www.education.kerala.gov.in of Kerala Government. The administration of education from initial level to higher level is done by this department and it also conducts a program for educating teachers. The numbers of teachers who are working under this are 173807 and numbers of students who were getting education from class 1st to class 10th according to the records of 2004-2005 are 4845931.
- SSLC - Secondary School Leaving Certificate Examination
- HCLC - Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate Examination
Both the languages such as Malayalam and English are used for instructions of education.
The offices of Kerala Education Department are running in fourteen different districts which are under the control of Deputy Directors for making the administration work convenient and for improving the education pattern. The division of revenue districts is done to form Educational Districts and to form Sub-Districts of Education.
- The number of Educational Districts are thirty six and the number of Sub-Districts of Education are one sixty one in this state.
The administration of District’s Educational Office is done by Educational Officer of District and administration of Sub-District’s Office of Education is done by Assistant Educational Officer. The role of DEO is to maintain administration of 10th standards, school of special types and training school which come under that Educational District. The role of AEO is limited up to administration of primary standard schools under that Sub-District. Regions which come under this board are Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Idukki, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Palakkad, Malappuram, Wayanad, Kozhikode and Kannur.
- Conduction examination of Higher Secondary Level
- Recognizing the aspiring schools
- Syllabus and course structure for 10+2 examination is also defined by this department
- Arrangement of proper facilities whether it is for teachers or for students
- To maintain level of education equal to other educational boards.
The director is the head of Department as well as comminsioner of government examinations of state. Others in the staff include finance officer, law officer, deputy and assistant director etc.
- Total fee concession and other stipends are given to OEC/ST/SC and also to converted Christians. They need to present proper documents which show their nativity and community for claiming their benefits.
- Students for backward communities are also benefitted by total fee concession if total yearly income of their guardian and parents is less than Rs.20,000/- thousand.
Number of schools
Total numbers of school in Kerala were 12310 in the financial year 1999-2001 in which 6726 belongs to schools of lower primary standards, 2986 belongs to schools of upper primary level and 2580 belongs to schools of high school level. Physical education and other basic requirements are fulfilled in better manner under Kerala State in comparison to other states of India. Proper buildings are followed by 83% of schools, 84% schools are providing proper water facilities and other facilities such as Latrine/Urinal are provided by 85% of schools.
Promotion to Girl Education is giving in Kerala State which reflects through their approximate equal school enrolment belongs to different gender. Percentage of Girl Students is 49.1% of total students.
Two levels which come under primary education are upper primary and lower primary. This is the biggest part of education system of this state. Five or more primary schools found in approximate every village. The number of lower primary schools is 6726 and 2968 is the number belongs to primary schools of upper levels. 61.07% privately primary aided schools, 2.98% are unaided and 35.95% belongs to government schools.
Kerala Board of Public Examination
Pareeksha Bhawan, Poojapura,Thiruvananthapuram - 695012 Kerala