Search Indian Maps, Pincodes, Local Info and more...
Karnataka Board Of The Pre University Education
Higher secondary was set up by Pre-University Department of Karnataka Government. Basically it is an organization in order to implement this department. This department is responsible for controlling Secondary and Primary Education Department. The list of colleges (i.e. pre-university) is approximately 1202. However, 637 other aided colleges and 1936 colleges which are unaided. 165 colleges which are bifurcated and thirteen Pre-University Corporation Colleges are also there. After standard X there are about ten lakhs students who enrolled for Courses of Pre-University which is of about two years’ time duration. The courses which are offered under this scheme can be bifurcated as Commerce, Science, Humanities (Arts). There are about fifty combinations, eleven languages and twenty three subjects under this curriculum. According to the data in the financial year 2010-2011 there were approximately 443185 students are enrolled in Humanities section in I and II PUC, 247421 students in the Science section in I and II PUC and 277189 students in the section of Commerce both in I and II PUC.
- In every 8-10 years syllabus is being framed once both in I & II PUC
- Printing and preparation of text books
- Managing programmes of orientation
- Approval for students of I PUC and giving numbers to students
- All types of activities are monitored on all levels at two plus levels
- Helping to improve the results which are less than 30% by improving lectures
- Recommending sanction both for private & new government PU colleges
- Recognition renewal for PU colleges (private)
- Appointment approval in aided private colleges
- Publication and preparation of grade list of employees
- Transferring of non-teaching and teaching staff of PU colleges
- Managing fees reimbursement of female students which are in government colleges of PU
- Providing permission in order to run tuition classes.
- Supervision work is being examined for PUC examination at district level
- Managing examination of II PUC, result announcement and answer books evaluation
- Managing budget for examination, infrastructure, and building as well as other activities which are organized from time to time by the colleges which are under control of this board.
The Main Features of Karnataka Board of the Pre-University Education are
Issuing of marks card/announcement of results/conducting of exams of II Pre-university etc. Affiliation is through Colleges/Secondary Schools (Senior Higher) providing Xerox copies of answer scripts of 10 subjects of II Pre-University.
Revaluation of Answer Scripts of II Pre University students in Tem Subjects
In the year 1997 Department of Education of Pre-University has launched a unique concept of providing copies of answer scripts of Students of 2nd Pre-University and that too at the doorsteps of Students. After the results declaration twenty thousand candidates have received these photocopies in next 15 days. However, Directorate has equally maintained promptness and efficiency in all other examinations. This revaluation phenomenon has provided a great reputation for the Department. This step has given students credibility, accountability and transparency for examinations of Pre-University.
Computerization of Student’s Data / Lectures Data
This is the unique academic body in the entire state which collects precise information on its computers regarding students which are studying in different colleges regarding their admission and information and also about non-teaching and teaching staff personnel. However, this data is used for scholarship proposals, fulfilling needs for Colleges in any area, postings and transfers, approval of staff, decisions in aid, college control etc. However, other works are managed by this data also such as printing of marks card, issuing and printing of admission tickets. This step has motivated the entire department for taking decisions correctly as well as drastically. However, this methodology has also reduced the correspondences which are of unnecessary nature as well as file movement is also being controlled by this methodology.
- 1st year Annual Examination of Pre-University i.e. 10+1
- 2nd year Annual Examination of Pre-University i.e. 10+2
Colleges under PUE
- Composite Government Colleges of Pre-University
- Pre-University Colleges of Independent nature
- Bifurcated Colleges of Pre-university
- Pre-University Colleges which are Privately Aided
- Pre-University Colleges which are Privately unaided
- Corporations managed Pre-University Colleges
Karnataka Board of the Pre-University Education
Technical Education Building,Palace Road,Bangalore-560 001 India
Phone no. :- 91-80 2264484, 2267595