Search Indian Maps, Pincodes, Local Info and more...
Himachal Pradesh Board Of School Education
The HPBSE board, well known as Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education, established in 1969. In 1983, the board moved to the Dharamshala at Shimla where the main office exists. The number of employees was not much at the beginning. There were only 34 personnel in the main office and now the number has reached 438, which was quite commendable. The board’s main job is to recommend text books, syllabus to schools and hold examinations timely every year. Now there are few classes the board carries out, they are Secondary, Higher Secondary, JBT and TTC. Over 5 lakh students emerge for the board examination every year. There are more than 8000 schools exist in Himachal Pradesh and all of them come under Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education. There are about 1650 examination centre available where all the board examination take place. HPBSE brings out all the text books for class 1 to 12 standard. There is a contact office at Shimla and except that the board also set up 19 information hub for the sake of the student, who can get any kind of education related information from there.
This board is also familiar as one of India’s State Education Board. There is a very important objective the board follow, that is, to offer schooling to every student. Himachal Pradesh Board started to work since 1969 and since then the board has been recommending the text books and running examinations for the students.
Offering a good standard education and educating the youth of Himachal Pradesh are the board’s main goal. To get success in life, students need to focus on physical and mental development too. The board looks into these maters very well.
The Himachal Pradesh Board has been a part of the state government and everything has been conducting by the government of Himachal Pradesh. The board’s main chief personnel are the Chairman, two Secretaries, Himachal Pradesh’s Director of Schooling, and Director of Primary Education. There are some members nominated for providing assistance to the Chairman, to perform the duties in the board properly. The duties have been carrying out through many education commissions and sub commissions.
The board’s class arrangement is set up by the government. Every class has different syllabus enclosed by the board, and they have been mentioned below
- English: - the board has given importance to this subject as English is very important lingo in the world. Students need to focus on both writing and spoken skill.
- Mathematics: - this subject is included to make the students very strong in calculation. They need to learn algebra, statistics, basic calculation etc.
- Hindi: - this is their mother tongue and to know more about the subject the board has included the subject. Students need to learn grammar and how to write the language well for that.
- Science and Technology: - This subject is very much important as it has been using surrounding by the people since its invention. And to know about these, one needs to learn about natural phenomenon, natural processes etc. They will learn about all the instruments have been using.
- Social Science: - this subject has been using in the course to make the student know about their society and they get to know about all the governments existing in the country. Geography and history are important in the subject.
- Sanskrit\Urdu \Punjabi\Telugu\Tamil: - these subjects are also included in the course by the board of Himachal Pradesh. But these subjects are not obligatory.
- Art: - this subject helps students to polish the view of Social and physical situation. This is an interesting subject to many and student stay keen to learn this.
- Music: - this subject has been included to teach students about many instruments, and also to sing Hindi songs.
- Commerce: - Every 1oth standard student is provided this language and they can choose Elements of Business or Elements of Book Keeping or Accountancy. Typing in English and hindi is also important in the subject.
- Home Science: - this subject is important to make them know about interior decoration, nutrition and administration in home.
- Information Technology: - this subject is quite popular among everyone. At secondary level students are able to learn about it programs and other basic computer skills. Pupils can get lot of interest in the subject because the computer is known to attract kids’ attention very quickly.
- Economics: - this subject is important for all the students to know about economic development and socio economic charges.
- Drama: - this subject is quite popular among students too. They can show their talent and make some good scores in the subject. And sometimes it is seen that some very talented people pursue this subject in their career.
- Social Reconstruction: - this subject is included to let students know about the bad things in the society like dowry and other things like social improvements etc.
- Physical and Health Education: - this subject is important part of the syllabus the board recommends to schools. This subject includes physical activities like swimming, gymnastic and yoga.
- SUPW: - this subject teaches kids to learn making all the things people use daily, like first aid box and dolls and stenography etc.
- Agriculture: - this subject teaches students to know all about agriculture and other related stuff.
- Humanities: - this subject is all about Economics, History, Political Science, Geography, Psychology, Sociology, Public Administration, Sanskrit, Music, Urdu, French, Yoga, Fine Arts, and Philosophy.
Till the class VI standard all the students get free education in schools. That means no fees the board charges. After that, schools and board charges annual fee to the students. This system is quite useful for many students and because of this the board of Himachal Pradesh has earned lot of good will these days.
To college from School
Students can get ready according to the syllabus the board provides for the good or popular colleges or institutions. There are subjects that students choose from Information technology, agriculture or engineering courses. There are other popular courses students take up, which help them to get through the exams easily and they also can have good jobs in future. So the board recommends suitable syllabus for students which make it easy for all the students to prove their skills.
Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education,Dharamshala:-176700 India