Search Indian Maps, Pincodes, Local Info and more...
Assam Higher Secondary Education Council
Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) is a body which controls, oversees, and promotes the higher Secondary education for 12th Standard education, in Assam State, and functions since 1984 . Also , the Board releases higher secondary level education related syllabus details and conducts every year examinations on these subjects . Other details viz recent news, examination results, schedules of examinations related to Assam Higher Secondary Education Council also can also be checked here.
Powers and Functions
The Board’s powers and functions can be described as under:
- Formulate study methodology, syllabus and courseware for Higher Secondary level in a college or a higher secondary school.
- Conducting examination on the courseware set above
- Permit candidates satisfying the conditions and rules to take up the examination and to initiate disciplinary action wherever necessary.
- Collection of Fee set by the authorities, to release the examination results and to issue necessary certificates to the successful candidates.
- Granting Scholarships and placing honors and trophies on merit cases.
- Formulate Text books and course wares.
- Formulate rules and regulations necessary for Higher Secondary School and Junior Colleges and also award necessary recognition and withdraw recognition wherever rules are not complied with as also initiate disciplinary proceedings against erring institutions.
- Bringing out study methodologies and solve examination issues related to HS education if any
- Recommend to Government the responsibilities , dos and donts related to the students of Higher Secondary education.
- Fix the credentials required for a Teacher of Higher Secondary schools
- Collection of donation from various bodies (individual and others) for the benefit of running the schools/colleges
- Take out reports from Director of Public Instruction on the status of bodies who have been recognized or who have applied for recognition.
- To keep the Government informed on revamp and improvement of HS education system.
- Give necessary suggestions to Government whenever consulted on issues.
- Placement of employees and officials for council’s functioning and formulate their working terms and conditions.
- Introduce various beneficial schemes for its employees like, Pension, Gratuity and Provident Fund within the frame work of the regulations.
- To assign any of its powers to other bodies/agencies constituted for such purposes.
- Manage the Higher Secondary Education council fund
- Acquire, sale and transfer of properties both moveable and immovable and any such activities related therein within its purview of operations.
- Any other activities that may be necessary to duly carry on the regular business as may be required from time to time.
Structure of the Council
The Council’s chairman who is also the Chief Executive is a full time personnel, who is appointed by the State Government and his term is for 3 years . His term of office can be extended for another 3 years . The Administration, Establishment, Legal issues, Accounting, Human Relation, Complaints redresses , Affiliation and property guidelines are the issues which are taken care by the Secretary who also happens to be the Principal Administrative officer of the council. The matters related to examinations, viz management, conduct of examinations etc. are taken care by the Controller of Examinations.
The other different other personnel associated with the council are, the Joint Secretary, Deputy Secretary, Academic officer,Assistant Secretary, Internal Auditor, Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, Personal Assistant, Upper division Clerk, Lower division Clerk, Grade IV, Duftry, Sweeper and Driver.