Search Indian Maps, Pincodes, Local Info and more...
Assam Board Of Secondary Education
SEBA is the other name of Board of secondary education, Assam which was started under the Assam act, XXV of 1961. The main functions of the board are overseeing the education system of this sensitive state. From the time of its inception ie., 14th March 1962, many activities have taken place in the board and improved upon from time to time and has been efficiently managing the overall affairs of Secondary education. Before the formation of other states viz Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh, SEBA’s control was over the entire North Eastern region, and was subsequently changed and now manages only the Educational affairs of the Assam state with many schools coming under its control.
Several are the objectives of the Board viz., manage the knowledge imparting area, and ensure latest technologies in the education system, Regular follow up and revisions to go in line with the latest changes and requirements, Sanctioning licences/permission for new schools for extending educational avenues in the state’s rural places, Release new teaching text books.
The Board found its places of working at different locations as under
- At the DPI, Assam (Shillong) conference room.
- A house which was hired on rent and located at Rehabari (Guwahati) where it worked from 1.6.1962 to 26.2.1963.
- Old University campus of Guwahati University at Panbazar :-period 27/2/1963 to 15/01/1976
- The old Chairman’s office at Bhagawati Prasad Baruah Bhawan was its next place of working and the period here was 1965-66.
- Bamunimaidan, Guwahati 21 was the subsequent place of its work place from 16.1.976.
- The existing place of work was granted by Government of Assam in 1965 and the main credit goes to Mr. D.K. Baruah, the then Education Minister who took pains to get this place on a 99 years lease for a meager lease amount of Rs. 1 lac for the entire period and has an area of 1675 sq.meters
Board’s Area of Control
While originally the SEBA was covering the entire North Eastern Regional of the country viz Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura and Arunachal Pradesh, after carving of these States as separate entities from the then United State of Assam, the Board now consists of only the State of Assam which forms the Board’s jurisdiction.
Operationally the Academic Branch and the Accounts Branch of SEBA are two branches taking care of various functional aspects. For more details - Click Here:
The Contact details of the Board are as under:
Board of Secondary Education(SEBA)
BAMUNIMAIDAM, GUWAHATI - 781021, Assam, India
Phone No Email: email@example.com