Search Indian Maps, Pincodes, Local Info and more...
The culture and heritage of the state of Manipur is reflected in the form of music. To tantalize each other, the folk music and love songs of Manipur is sufficient. There were lots of music genres in Manipur like love songs, folk songs, classical songs, and religious songs. Some of the famous kinds of music in state of Manipur are:
- Gaur Padas- To upheld the religious preacher named Chaitanya Mahaprabhi, this kind of devotional song is sung by the people.
- Manohar Sai- The name derived from the Manor Sai. This kind of song is sung with combination of drums, khol, cymbals, or Ramkartal.
- Lai Haraoba ishei- This kind of music is very spiritual. The wordings of this music are dual as the real meaning masked with the different wordings. The basic asset of the music of Manipur is the rhythm and tune.
- Thoubal Chongba- The theme of this song is very religious and it is accompanied with the Thoubal Chongba dance.
- Pena ishei- This is a kind of song sung with the company of a musical instrument Pena used in the folk music in state of Manipur.
- Khullong ishei- The Meities who worked in the field sung this song in Manipur. The singer adjust the words himself to the tune of music and theme used is of love.
- Nat- this kind of song was sung at the time of ceremonies accompanied with particular ragas on particular occasion.