Search Indian Maps, Pincodes, Local Info and more...
Welcome To The Orissa Police:
Orissa police is an agency that handles enforcement of law on the Orissa state of India. Headquarters of Orissa police is located in Cuttack. DGP that is an acronym for “Director General of Police” is the head of Orissa Police Department. Functioning of Orissa police is governed by Dept. of Home Affairs.
Orissa police started its functioning from the day when the Orissa state was created on April 1, 1936. At present, DGP or “Director General of Police” in Orissa state is Amarananda Pattanayaka. Amarananda joined Orissa police as DGP from Sep 1, 2006. Orissa police has its department and offices in every part of the state. In order to handle law efficiently and maintenance of order, Orissa police has positioned outpost in even rural area.
Mission and Visions of Orissa Police
- To adhere with the law with an aim to uphold order in Orissa
- To detect crime and prevent its occurrence in the nearby future
- Endorsement of communal or societal harmony
- To guarantee discipline during public gathering and populated area
- Proper management of traffic rules and discipline on roads in order to facilitate local people with smooth flow accompanied by reduced accidental cases.
- Very friendly behavior with common people and providing services to every section of the state especially to women, senior citizens and children
- To adopt high level of personal integrity, promote a corruption-free department of police and express transparency in work.
- To adopt scientific methods and better technology in order to provide better service to the public
- To ensure the safety of policemen’s family members
Orissa Police Organization Structure
Orissa Police Recruitment
Recruitment process for selection of Police constables and other posts is conducted many times in a year. At present, Orissa Police has given notification for selection of 1878 candidates for different positions. Recruitment advertisement was earlier published in Pragatibadi newspaper and The Samaj newspaper. Because of orders given by high court, recruitment was postponed. Permission for Reschedule of recruitment process was given after Orissa dispute was resolved. When high gave approval for recruitment process, Orissa police published vacancies for numbers of posts. Notification was also given to previous candidates who have already applied that they are not required to apply again for the same advertisement. However, fresh as well as rejected candidates can apply for the same recruitment advertisements.
Jurisdiction of Officers:
|Range Wise List of Officers||Phone No.|
|IG of Police ,Central Range||0671-2304300|
|DIG of Police , Bhubaneswar Range||0674-2532847|
|DIG of Police , Eastern Range, Balasore||06782-2262806|
|DIG of Police ,Southern Range, Berhampur||0680-2214000|
|DIG of Police ,South Western Range,Sunabeda||06853-220218|
|IG of Police,Northern Range, Sambalpur||0663-2400016|
|DIG of Police,Northern Central Range,Talcher||06760-241395|
|IG of Police Western Range, Rourkela||0661-2640340|
|I.G. of Police, Rly.,Cuttack||0671-2306615|
List of police stations in Orissa
Find the listing of police stations in Indiamapped.com