Search Indian Maps, Pincodes, Local Info and more...
National Commission For Protection Of Child Rights
As an Indian governmental commission, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR), had been established through an Act of the Parliament which is formed as the Commission for Protection of Child Rights Act in December 2005 for the safety and security of children in all respects in the entire country.
With the establishment of National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) in the year 2005, the Central Government began the process to turn this Commission into a truly functional one in all respects through active involvement of its team. Keeping in view the most important purposes and needs of Commission it was made an entirely autonomous body to operate objectively from March 2007 to work in the areas prescribed for the better protection of child rights in the whole country through involving the state level commisisons.
With the inception of NCPCR this Commission was assigned several important roles in the form of mandate to perform its roles with key focus. Primary mandate for this Commission was to ensure that each and every aspect of the childcare and child right protection is taken into account minutely in the entire country for the better addressing of issues concerned. The Commission has been playing pivotal role ever since it was established. It is fully stick to its mandate which enforces for ensuring that the laws are implemented to turn this mission a successful one. The major steps taken are as follows:-
- Making the policies and programs for the child rights, protection and care
- Ensuring that best of the administrative mechanisms are made practical
- Child rights implementation under the Indian Constitution
- Making it feasible to implement the rules and regulations in India which the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child has been designed
- Ensuring that children up to their age of 18 years get their due rights and are protected to the level best
NCPCR as a Commission setup by the Central Government has taken many crucial initiatives for the protection of children for that it has submitted the reports to the government for the implementation purpose. Some of them include:-
- Establishment of special cells in the schools to ensure all the problems of children are addressed and solved amicably
- Thorough examining of the mental and physical torture against children in the Indian societies
- Concrete steps to be taken through complaints related to sexual or mental harassment and to discourage all types of favoritism related cases
- Implementation of laws and rules on the taluk / district levels by involving the legal services authorities in a time span of 48 hours upon the complaint is put before the authorities
Recommendations which NCPCR suggested have been implemented on the different grounds through many mediums like conducting seminars to highlight issues faced by the children and the initiatives for policy formation and implementation. Some of the major steps taken after the submission of recommendation reports are:-
- Steps to take for maintaining the dignity of adolescents and their acceptance by everybody concerned.
- Concrete steps to take for the sake of suppressing the drug addiction issues
- Addressing the issues of violence and exploitations of children
- Establishment of State Commissions of the protection of child rights
NCPCR has been working as an independent body ever since it was setup in March 2007 with the coordination with all State Commissions established to ensure the child rights are addressed keenly. It is stick to its mandate to assure that the laws, policies and programs are implemented on regular intervals under the law of the country.
Right-based perspective is applied to implement the policies and recommendations of NCPCR on the local and national levels. Each state of the country is bound to follow the guidelines under the supervision of the central Commission to apply on the district and block levels. The specificities and strengths of each and every region of the country has been considered to implement the recommendation for the protection of child rights. All communities are involved to support this cause for the best nourishment of child right for which authorities are given power to enforce such rules.
Implementation of Recommendations
Soon after NCPCR suggested recommendations the implementation process begins under the supervision of this Commission and through the support of the local level authorities. This Commission takes into account the obligatory role for each state of the country through perfect institution-building processes and making it easy for the implementation for which most tasks are decentralized at all levels with the active support from local level bodies for better child rights protection and their wellbeing.
The emphasis is on the protection of child rights through recognizing the issues and then the implementation of various policies concerned. Measures are suggested to protect the right of children in the 0 to 18 years age groups by keeping in view the importance of each and every need. Priority actions are kept under consideration with the additional focus on children belonging to the backward communities to address their concerns under proper system.